Tuesday, December 7, 2010

no worries

I am not going to lie, I like the fact that Gord has money. It means I know he will get me something for my birthday. It means if I ever tell him ‘I would like to go to Vancouver RIGHT NOW’ I will have a ticket. I know if anything happens to me, and he needs to come here, he doesn’t have to worry about the money to get here.

It means the mini-roadtrip we are taking in 3 weeks will be a lot more luxurious than I am used to. if he had the same income I do, we would be staying in Minnesota, in an adequate hotel. But we are staying in suites. We made dinner reservations at a restaurant that has a dress code.

And I am not worried about affording anything, because I know he can afford it. Will I treat him to dinner a few times? Yes. Do I have to? No. but it will make me feel good to treat him, and I think he will like that I never expect him to pay.

I will have enough money to pay for myself, for everything we do. Because I feel that is what is right. It is extremely nice of him to take care of everything, but I know he is doing it because he wants to, not because he has to. And I think that is how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment