Monday, February 15, 2010

Jealousy

It drives me bonkers when people cannot be happy for others. It boggles my mind when one person has to be the center of attention all the time. Honestly, I do not like being center of attention. I am more than willing to be the conversation starter and get people talking and mingling but then I will fade into the background while they talk, and emerge again when people need another conversation starter. I am more than happy to be the butt of jokes, I honestly do not mind. I enjoy making sure every single person is having a good time, even if that means at my own expense.

Valentine’s Day was amazing. More than amazing, it was perfect and better than I ever thought it would be. I got the most amazing card ever, and cried when flowers were delivered. And then, Stacy came over and we opened a gift certificate to a spa. Totally amazing, her and I have never gone to a spa before, so it would be a new experience for both of us. And something we could enjoy together.


But she started getting really moody and upset; like something was wrong, when nothing really was. She couldn’t be happy for me or enjoy it with me; instead she made me feel bad. And that is not right. I know she likes being the center of attention, and I honestly don’t mind that, but for once, it was me that was the center of attention. And she couldn’t just accept that; I feel that it was very high school like.

Since the beginning of my new relationship (tada! I guess that is the announcement?) She has been acting like this a lot. He is an AMAZING guy, and I am the center of his world. And it’s like Stacy is upset that it’s not her that is the center of his world. He and I are trying SO HARD to make sure she doesn’t feel left out. I am making sure to go out with her and keeping our traditions. I am making sure to text her and hang out with her and do spontaneous things. But it’s like, she can’t be happy for me because it’s not her that has the attention on her.

It’s like she wants me to feel bad and feel like a horrible friend. It’s like she wants me to end my relationship to make her happy, so she can be front and center again.

And I hate to tell her this, but that, is not going to happen. She needs to stop acting so immature and if she can’t be happy for me, she can at least pretend to be.

1 comment:

  1. I knew from reading this title this was going to be about me.

    yeah maybe i am a little jealous so what. I just wish those things would happen to me. that's not wrong.

    but i never said i wasn't happy for you. and it was cool you got all those special things, because you deserve them and you deserve to be treated nicely by a guy.

    and i don't always like being the center of attenition. and i didn't say you had to break up with your bf . I would never want you to do that, and besides i think he soundds nice, why would i want you to break up with hiM?

    and i'm Sorrry i was moody and all, but i was just having an eh kind of day. And valentines day isn't my favortie holiday. i don't know what else to tell you.

    but there goes.

    ReplyDelete