Sunday, November 9, 2008

i love larry king!

I love the rain, I would rather play outside in the rain than on a sunny day. I have always been like that. I love the smell, I love the dampness in the air, I love the feel of the drops when they gently blend themselves onto my skin.

I love rain.

I love jumping in the puddles knowing they may not be there the next day, laughing into the wind. Feeling the rush of blood under my cheeks as they turn red from the cold. Walking around just so I can see my footprints on the ground and knowing I am making a footprint on the world.

When it gets cold out and the leafs start to fall and that rain turns into white fluffy flakes of snow, my appreciation does not change.

I love snow.

. I love the way it looks in the trees. I love getting all of my snow gear on and climbing around in the yard. Sledding was fun when I was younger. I love being able to shovel the driveway, being able to see my hard work the instant I do it. The feeling of snow falling on your tongue, not caring how you look sticking it out and turning up toward the sky. I love it all. Snowmobiles and ice skating. Having a snowball fight with your friends and siblings. Knowing you can use the excuse ‘stuck in the snow’ as an excuse for being late for work.

I love it. Give me a rainy or snowy day over a day full of sunshine anytime, I will be happy.

I guess you can tell I am from Minnesota now….

No comments:

Post a Comment