Wednesday, November 5, 2008

when i grow up i wanna have boobies

What do you want to be when you grow up? Everyone always asks that, and a majority of the time you hear something spectacular like ‘I want to be a lawyer’ ‘I want to be a teacher’ ‘I want to be a musician’ ‘I want to be a stripper’ ‘I want to be a doctor’ ‘I want to work at hooters’
You know things along those lines. When people ask them The Question they tend to say something that will involve college (most of the time) and something that is deemed as great in society.
Now, I have been thinking…why are those things so great? Because they help people? Because they make good money? Why do people always say that sort of thing when people ask them The Question?

So, when I grow up, what do I want to be? I have set the bar high for myself. My family and friends expect nothing but greatness. The boyfriend thinks that I am already great, and I will go on to do great things. And I know what I want to be.
I may or may not make a lot of money, but that is OK with me.
I will follow my values.
I will try to help people as much as possible.
I will protect those that I can.
It is the perfect thing for me to be. I may or may not need to go to school for it, but that is just fine and dandy.

When I grow up I want to be Me.
I believe I am a good person, someone willing to help others, a confidant for many, stubborn, moody, one day a mom, I am an aunt, a sister, a daughter.
I want the best for myself and I will strive for the best. I will not hurt others. I will stand true to what I value even when it seems the world is against me. I will break down, but I will get up again. I will make mistakes, but I will learn from them.
I don’t mean to brag or anything, but so far I think I am a pretty darn good Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment