Thursday, October 7, 2010

positive me is back!

I think part of growing up is feeling inadequate.

You feel like your body is inadequate, because you do not look like the airbrushed girls in magazines.
There is something you can always do better at work, and you feel like you fall short no matter how hard you work.
You always feel like you let down your friends. Whether its because you don’t have enough time to spend with them, or because you are too busy when they need you the most.

Would you guys like to know a secret? That may not really be a secret at all, but I like to think it is?

I battle with low self-esteem. I know I am an amazing person, I know I am not perfect, but I am myself, and I am true to myself, and that to me, is perfect.

Before Gord and I were well, Gord and I, he told me he only used to go for the perfect girls. HELLO I am far from perfect. And there is this nagging voice in the back of my head that I am not perfect, so I will not be good enough for him. but then I remind myself that he is with me. and he loves me for me, not for my body. he doesn’t love me for sex (good thing since I live about 3000 miles away). And he loved me before he even knew what I looked like. And by eating healthy and exercising, I can change my body; but I will never have a perfect body. and I like to think that he is okay with that because he loves me.

Lately I have been posting super negative posts. And I noticed it, but haven’t taken the time to fix it. and this post IS FIXING THAT. Because I HATE when I get all negative Nancy.

So. here is to being positive, again. And this is me vowing to talk more about my body issues and all of that important stuff on this here blog. Because like I have said before, this blog is meant to talk about everything. I know I am not the only one that has these issues. And I know, if I realize I am not alone I feel better; so talking about my issues and the areas that I feel are inadequate will help other people feel better and not so alone, than I am all for it!

(of course I will be putting a positive spin on it!)

3 comments:

  1. You are a good writer. You affect people that way. That's one good thing about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you jess. You are a beautiful, smart, strong individual. Dont let others define who you are. I also want to tell you that you inspire me say this too.. but i too have low self esteem but then i am working on myself and i'm happy. and knowing that you are staring to be happy and positive, it a good thing. you are not alone i'm here for you, i promise!! Love, Fredrina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you are a really awesome writer. and you are beautiful just the way you are. as long as your happy thats all that really matters. and don't let anyone make you feel inferior. i know we all have problem areas we would like to change, but it's not all about looks, personality is key. and i know you are a wonderful person and i love you!!

    love, stacedizzle.

    ReplyDelete