Friday, May 13, 2011

DC trip

I am in DC right now, with my grandma. Sitting on my bed, eating almond and wheat thin sandwiches. I love this city.

I think I just love cities. I love walking around, and exploring. I love finding the little hidden things. I love asking for the time, just to talk to locals. I love getting lost, and finding my way again. I love LOVE love taking the metro. I love commuting.

I love cities. I loved Chicago, and now I love DC as well. I really would love to live in one for just a little while –hint hint-

We went to Arlington cemetery today that was amazing. I didn’t want to be the weird one that starts crying, but its so overwhelming. Seeing graves everywhere you look. All of those lost lives, for our freedom. It makes me mad that there are so many wars, and it makes me sad for those that have lost so much. So many young men.

And then after that, we went to Georgetown. Were I shopped, to you know, get rid of feeling sad? And I loved it. I love shopping. I got a few cute things.

Tomorrow we go home, on the train. So we will arrive in MN around midnight on Sunday.

I am sorry I have been neglecting you. I just haven’t had time. I am working crazy hours, but I will try harder. Maybe I will have to put blogging on my to-do list. I do love this, so I will have to try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment